Mastering Your Social Media Content Strategy

“The purpose of a social media calendar is to provide a framework for sharing your social media content strategy in action,  which will resonates with your audience and also sells your business, product or service. The question is: how can you transfer that strategy into a calendar?

By Camila Fontes


 As a marketer, finding great content creators among us can be quite a task. The key to success is content that not only keeps your audience happy but also leaves them excited for more. If you’ve ever wondered, “What can you post on social media?” – you’re not alone. When I started creating my own content, I quickly realized that no content is effective without a well-thought-out plan. Creating content for your social media calendar with a strategic approach is crucial.

So, what does this mean? I’ve created a video on my YouTube channel that walks you through the process of creating a simple content calendar. The best part? You don’t need to break the bank to do it; it’s more about the quality of your content than the cost.

This specific video delves into how to determine daily content categories, posting frequency, and which days to post. In the realm of social media, the 70%-20%-10% rule (or the 80%-20% rule, if you prefer) is often touted. It suggests that 80% of your content should come from other sources, while the remaining 20% is your own.

“The purpose of a social media calendar is to provide a framework for sharing content that resonates with your audience and promotes your business.”

Here are some tactics to help you create great content and decide what to post daily:

1. Inform, Educate, and Entertain:

Tailor your content to provide valuable information, educational insights, or entertaining posts. You can choose from various formats like tips, ideas, humorous content, or tutorials – whatever adds value to your audience. This strategy ensures a balanced social media presence and prevents overwhelming your followers with irrelevant content.

2. Links, Images, and Captivating Descriptions:

Utilize links, images, and concise yet engaging descriptions to grab your audience’s attention. Shorten your links and ensure that your content is mobile-friendly, as the majority of users access social media on their smartphones and tablets.

3. Engagement and Interaction:

 Building your brand involves connecting with your audience and potential customers. Social media is a platform for easy and casual interactions, so apply the same principle to your business. Approach potential customers with a friendly demeanor and be yourself.

Now, let’s talk about scheduling your posts. 

Organization is key, especially when it comes to managing multiple social media accounts. Posting at the right times for each platform is essential. While it can be overwhelming, a well-structured schedule can significantly reduce stress.


Here are my top 4 tools for managing content:

1. Buffer: Offers three free accounts and is user-friendly.
2. Hootsuite: Provides both free and paid versions but can be overwhelming to use.
3. Tailwind: Ideal for Instagram and Pinterest.
4. Later.com: Suitable for scheduling on Facebook and Instagram.

Each platform has its optimal posting times and posting strategies:

– Twitter: Share links, images, and use 2-3 hashtags. Keep your statements under 40 characters. Post as frequently as possible.
Facebook: Share content with concise descriptions, an image, and 2-5 hashtags. Post between 1-4 pm daily.
– Instagram: Focus on high-quality images, use filters, and include 12 relevant hashtags (with under 50K posts). Post during peak times like mornings (8-9 am), noon, or 5 pm.

Engagement and community-building are equally crucial. Take a few minutes each day to respond to your followers, fans, and users. Show appreciation for their support, shares, and subscriptions to your blog and videos.



Here are the key takeaways to maintain a successful social media calendar with high-quality content and both will balance a super effective content strategy.

– Your content can take various forms, from text to videos.
– Establish a schedule and maintain consistency.
– Engage with your audience regularly.
– Prioritize quality over quantity.
– Don’t forget to schedule your content and create a plan for your tasks.

With the right approach and a well-structured effective social media strategy, you can master the art of content creation and boost your online presence